Our Teen Parent Program provides a variety of services to assist pregnant or parenting teens up to age 21, including outreach visits to the home and education/support groups. Interested pregnant and/or parenting teens may call to refer themselves.
As a client in our program you will have access to:
- Monthly visits with a skilled Teen Parent Worker familiar with your unique situation.
- A support group designed to address specific areas of learning and concern to pregnant and parenting teens.
- Assistance in developing and attaining personal goals.
Our Teen Parent workers will help you :
- Learn and understand how to prepare for the birth of your child.
- Learn and understand how to be a parent.
- Learn how to positively interact with your child.
- Develop & maintain a support system of family, peers, community resources
- Obtain an education
- Maintain physical health
- Practice informed choice of family planning
- Reduce or eliminate any use of substances (alcohol, drugs, smoking)
- Obtain adequate transportation for yourself & your child
For more information, please contact (989) 686-7650.