LUTHERAN CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICE AUXILIARY (LCFSA)
What is the LCFS Auxiliary?
The Auxiliary is comprised of seven chapters and a State Chapter which consists of representatives from each chapter. Chapters meet approximately four times per year, and as needed for special projects. Each area chapter focuses on projects and causes near and dear to their hearts, along with creating awareness of the needs of children served through LCFS of Michigan, supporting LCFS' programs, and extending the love of Christ to others in need.
Some recent examples of the LCFS Auxiliary members generous contributions:
- Funded the new landscaping at the Lutheran Home
- Raised money for the furniture in the lobby of the Grand Rapids Office
- Provided items for the Teen Parent Closet in Oak Park
- Supplied toys and books for agency play room and libraries
- Hosted summer picnics for Lutheran Home, New Directions and Boys and Girls Republic
- Donated Christmas gifts for more than 150 foster children
- Funded a new sign for the Lutheran Home
- Held Pantry Showers for Lutheran Home and New Directions
The LCFS Auxiliary generates dollars to fund its projects in a variety of ways, including: selling Christmas cards, running a thrift store, selling custom jewelry, making and selling a variety of novelties and crafts.
LCFSA Mother's Club
Through “Motherly love,” the Mothers’ Club enables the children and foster families to receive funds and assistance that otherwise would not be available. The Mothers’ Club is vital to meeting the personal needs of children in the care of Lutheran Child & Family Service of Michigan (LCFS). Examples of what your $10 yearly membership to the Mothers’Club will help provide:
- Graduation expenses for children who have successfully completed their high school education
- Transportation for children to visit their family
- Medical expenses
For more information on how you can join the Mother's Club, www.lcfsmi.org/userfiles/File/141413_Mothers_Club_Flyer.pdf
How do I get involved?
LCFSA is always looking for new members. If you are too busy to join a chapter but would like to donate your time on specific project, all volunteers are welcome.